General Motors Recalls More Than One Million SUVs and Pickups
The recall by General Motors affects 2015 versions of several pickup and sport utility models.
2015 Chevrolet Silverado 1500. Photo for representation only. (Image: AFP Relaxnews)
General Motors recalled more than one million larger vehicles because of a defect in the power steering system that increases the chances of a crash, the company said Thursday.
The recall affects 2015 versions of several pickup and sport utility models, including the Chevrolet Silverado, the GMC Yukon and the Cadillac Escalade, the company said in a notice to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.
The vehicles can experience a sudden loss of the power steering assist system, which means "the driver could have difficulty steering the vehicle, especially at low speeds, increasing the risk of a crash," GM said.
A GM spokesman said the company knew of 30 crashes connected to the problem, two injuries and no fatalities.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Amit Panghal Becomes 1st Indian Man to Reach World Boxing Championships Final
- Huge Hairball Surgically Removed from Teenager’s Stomach By Ludhiana Doctors
- After Amitabh Bachchan, Akshay Kumar Accused of Supporting Aarey Forest Destruction
- Renault Triber First Drive Review – Economical Genius
- Cristiano Ronaldo Says Sex with Girlfriend is Better Than his Best Ever Goal