German Chancellor Angela Merkel's Plane Grounded, Vehicle Accidentally Hits Aircraft
Chancellor Angela Merkel's plane was hit by a van of an excited fan who jumped out to take a photo but forgot to put the parking brake on, and the vehicle rolled slowly into the nose of the jet.
Chancellor Angela Merkel's government plane has been grounded by an excited fan who jumped out of her van to take a photo of it at Dortmund airport but forgot to put the parking brake on, and the vehicle rolled slowly into the nose of the jet.
Germany's Spiegel Online posted a picture Tuesday of the low-speed collision with the Global 5000 jet and reported that the van driver was an employee of the airport.
The German air force confirmed in a tweet that Merkel returned to Berlin by helicopter Monday after her plane was damaged by a vehicle, but didn't provide further details.
The accident is a headache the air force doesn't need, after a string of highly publicized breakdowns of the ageing government fleet causing delays for Merkel and others.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Disha Vakani's Husband Mayur Pandya on Actress' Return to Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah
- Android 10 Update Roll-Out Resumes For OnePlus 7, OnePlus 7 Pro
- Abhijit Banerjee, Esther Duflo Winning the Nobel Prize Together is #CoupleGoals
- All-New BMW 3-Series Test Drive Review: Performance in the Lap of Luxury
- Neymar Gets Injured Again, Limps Out of Brazil's Friendly Against Nigeria