GST: Jeep Now Cheaper By Up To Rs 18.5 Lakh
Jeep is also launching its much-anticipated entry level SUV Jeep Compass in India on 31st July.
Jeep Compass compact SUV. (Photo: Siddhartha Safaya/News18.com)
Most of the automakers in the country have revised the prices after the implementation of goods and services tax. Passing on to the customer the benefits under the new GST regime, many luxury carmakers such as BMW, Mercedes-Benz and Audi have already slashed prices of their popular cars in India.
US automaker Jeep recently announced a reduction in prices of its range across India. The Jeep Grand Cherokee limited used to cost Rs 93.64 lakhs but now after the GST it is available at Rs 75.15 lakh. The Grand Cherokee Summit gets a price cut of Rs 17.95 lakh and now costs Rs 85.15 lakh, earlier it used to cost Rs 1.03 crore. Jeep Wrangler Unlimited diesel sees a drop of Rs 6.14 lakh and the Grand Cherokee SRT is now cheaper by Rs 5 lakh.
Jeep is also launching its much-anticipated entry level SUV Jeep Compass on 31st July. The Compass will be locally produced in India at company’s Ranjangaon plant. The car is expected to be priced between Rs 18 lakh and Rs 25 lakh, ex-showroom.
Companies like Mahindra & Mahindra, Honda Cars India, Ford, Maruti Suzuki, Toyota, Jaguar Land Rover have already reduced prices to pass on the GST benefits.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Bigg Boss 13: Rashami Desai's Brother Blasts Arhaan Khan's Claims, Says This is Rubbish and Upsetting
- Google 2019 Trends: Kabir Singh to Avengers Endgame, Top 10 Movies of the Year
- Fact Check: Woman Winning Award in Viral Video is Not Hyderabad Rape Victim
- Lionel Messi Rated Best Player by Algorithm, Cristiano Ronaldo Tied at 25th Spot
- India vs West Indies | Virat Kohli Screamer Lights Up Gloomy Day for Fielders