Hero MotoCorp Sales Decline By Almost 34 Percent in December 2016
The company said its three manufacturing facilities were closed from December 26-31, 2016 on account of annual maintenance.
Hero Achiever. (Photo: News18.com)
Hero MotoCorp Ltd (HMCL) has reported a 33.91 percent dip in its total sales in December 2016 at 3,30,202 units as against 4,99,665 units in the same month previous year. The company said its three manufacturing facilities at Gurgaon, Neemrana and Haridwar were closed from December 26-31, 2016 on account of annual maintenance.
HMCL said it recorded its highest-ever sales in a calendar year in 2016 with a record 67,62,980 units of two-wheelers in January-December 2016 period. It translated into a growth of 4.3 percent over the previous calendar year, 2015 when the company had sold 64,86,103 two-wheeler units, the company said in a statement.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Subscribe to Moneycontrol Pro and gain access to curated markets data, trading recommendations, equity analysis, investment ideas, insights from market gurus and much more. Get Moneycontrol PRO for 1 year at price of 3 months. Use code FREEDOM.
Recommended For You
- Anushka Sharma Recalls Dancing to Preity Zinta's Song Bumbro from Mission Kashmir in School
- Saina Nehwal, Kidambi Srikanth Post Contrasting Wins at World Badminton Championships
- OnePlus TV Will be Launched in India in September; Expected to Run Android TV
- Xiaomi Mi A3 Android One Phone With 48-Megapixel Triple Camera Launched: Price, Features and More
- Maruti Suzuki XL6 to Launch Today, Watch it Live Here [Video]