Hyundai to Revive Santro Hatchback, Spotted During Pre-Testing Phase
First launched in 1997, the Hyundai Santro challenged the mights of Maruti 800 and Tata Indica back then.
2018 Hyundai Santro Spied during pre-testing phase. (Image: Twitter/Bob M)
Hyundai India is planning to revive one of its most selling car the Santro with the launch of a new hatchback in 2018, internally known as the Hyundai AH2, the car has been spotted by a Twitter user during the pre-testing phase.
Due to heavy camouflage, the exterior details of the new hatchback were hidden. However, the car appears to have a roomy cabin. Reportedly, the new car will be placed between the Eon and Grand i10 and will compete against the giants of Maruti Suzuki Celerio, Maruti Suzuki Wagon R and Tata Tiago.
First launched in 1997, the Santro challenged the mights of Maruti 800 and Tata Indica back then. In a strategy to push the Hyundai i10 and Hyundai Eon sales and growing emission norms, Hyundai pulled the plug from one of the most popular car in 2014.
Santro also helped Hyundai to reach the 1st millionth car in 2007.
Any other detail about the car is yet to be revealed by the company but it is expected that Hyundai may reveal its new hatchback at Delhi Auto Expo 2018.
Also Watch: Vimal Sumbly, MD, Triumph Motorcycles India | Interview
Recommended For You
- ICC World Cup 2019: Chetan Sharma Compares His World Cup Hat-Trick to Shami’s
- Sunny Leone Flaunts Her Bihari Dialect in 'Method Acting' Video, Watch Here
- WhatsApp Working on New Update to Improve Photo Sharing Experience
- Kabir Singh Earns Rs 70.83 Crore, Shahid Kapoor 'Feels So Special' with Fan Response
- Elon Musk Says 'Occupy Mars' But Uses Picture of the Moon Instead
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s