IndiGo Pilot Abuses, Threatens 75-Year Old Passenger; Grounded As Aviation Minister Intervenes
Union Aviation Minister Hardeep Singh Puri replied to the passenger on Twitter saying the airline has "off-rostered" the pilot.
Image for Representation. (Reuters)
A woman passenger has claimed that she was threatened by an IndiGo pilot with jail after she asked for a wheelchair for her mother at Bengaluru, with Union Aviation Minister Hardeep Singh Puri saying the airline has "off-rostered" the pilot.
Supriya Unni Nair, who had asked for a wheelchair for her 75-year old mother, after landing in Bengaluru on Monday night, alleged in a tweet that the pilot had misbehaved and threatened her with jail. She claimed that her mother was diabetic.
— Hardeep Singh Puri (@HardeepSPuri) January 14, 2020
"I requested my office to contact IndiGo as soon as I saw the tweet by Ms Supriya Unni Nair about the pilot's behaviour with her & her 75 year old mother in need of wheelchair assistance.
"The airline has informed Ministry of Civil Aviation that the pilot has been off-rostered pending full enquiry," said Puri in a tweet. Nair claimed that when the wheelchair was brought to take her mother at the Bengaluru airport, the pilot prevented the 75-year-old to be taken from the plane.
She alleged that the pilot also threatened to get them detained and make them spend a night in jail.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Bigg Boss 13 Day 119 Written Updates: Salman Khan Evicts Shefali Jariwala, Sidharth Shukla Wins Elite Membership
- #RIPMamba: From Trump to Obama, Fans Mourn Basketball Legend Kobe Bryant's Death
- This Compilation of Kobe Bryant and His Daughter Gianna's On-Court Moments Has Left Fans in Tears
- Alia Bhatt Sends Kangana Ranaut Flowers for Her Padma Shri Honour
- Republic Day 2020: 2,471 People Take 'Plank Challenge' In Mumbai, Create Guinness World Record