IndiGo Starts Flight Operations Between India and China
IndiGo's inaugural flight departed from Delhi's Indira Gandhi International Airport airport at 10 pm on Sunday and arrived at China's Chengdu airport at 4.55 am (local time) on September 16.
Image for representation.
Expanding its international footprint, IndiGo on Sunday started flight operations between Delhi and China's Chengdu city, it said in a statement. "The airline inaugurated the first direct flight on Delhi-Chengdu route, making Chengdu IndiGo's 19th international destination," the low-cost carrier said in a statement. The inaugural flight departed from Delhi airport at 10 pm on Sunday and arrived at Chengdu airport at 4.55 am (local time) on September 16.
"China, besides being a popular destination for Indian tourists, is also the world's largest source of outbound travellers. Increased connectivity between India and China will attract tourists from both the countries, contributing to economic growth and social cohesion between the two nations," said William Boulter, Chief Commercial Officer, IndiGo.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- It Upsets Me When People Say Jack Sparrow: Saif Ali Khan on Laal Kaptaan Role
- All-New BMW 3-Series Test Drive Review: Performance in the Lap of Luxury
- Karan Johar Addresses Whether Kareena, Alia Getting Paid Equally to Their Male Co-actors in Takht
- 'Such a Cute Ma Sita': People Can't Get Enough of Little Girl Dancing to Drum Beats
- Trailers This Week: Vijay, Atlee's Bigil Impresses Shah Rukh Khan