Jaguar I-Pace All-Electric SUV Achieves a Five-Star Euro NCAP Safety Rating
Jaguar I-Pace scored scored maximum points for both the side barrier impact and the more severe side pole test, with good protection of all critical body areas.
Jaguar I-Pace All-Electric SUV. (Image: News18.com)
Tata Motors-owned Jaguar Land Rover (JLR) Wednesday said its electric model Jaguar I-PACE has achieved a five-star Euro NCAP safety rating.
The vehicle scored 91 percent for adult occupant protection, 81 percent for child occupant protection and 81 percent for safety assist.
Besides, the vehicle scored maximum points for both the side barrier impact and the more severe side pole test, with good protection of all critical body areas, JLR said in a statement.
"This latest award from Euro NCAP confirms the I-PACE's exceptional safety standards," JLR Senior Project Leader Body Engineering Simon Black said.
The I-PACE's lightweight aluminium body structure delivers inherently high levels of stiffness, and when combined with the integral battery pack, protected by a structural aluminium frame, delivers the highest torsional rigidity of any Jaguar yet, the company said.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Pati Patni Aur Woh Movie Review: Kartik-Bhumi-Ananya Promise Plenty Laughs
- Taimur Accompanied Mommy Kareena Kapoor on 20-day Shoot for Laal Singh Chaddha
- Vikas Gupta Confirms Entry in Bigg Boss 13 with New Instagram Post?
- Counterfeit Xiaomi Products Worth Rs 13 Lakhs Seized From Delhi's Gaffar Market
- India vs West Indies | Our Responsibility is to Support Rishabh Pant: Virat Kohli