Jaguar Land Rover Invests $25 Million in Lyft for Self-driving Cars
Jaguar Land Rover's mobility services business, InMotion Ventures, would invest $25 million in U.S. based Lyft Inc to help develop and test technology for self-driving cars.
The Jaguar logo is pictured at a Jaguar Land Rover showroom in Mumbai February 13, 2013. (Image: REUTERS)
Britain's biggest carmaker Jaguar Land Rover said its mobility services business, InMotion Ventures, would invest $25 million in U.S. ride services company Lyft Inc to help develop and test technology for self-driving cars.
The auto industry and technology companies are racing to develop self-driving technology, which in the years to come is expected to transform transportation by cutting costs of ride services and changing the way people buy and use cars.
InMotion will also supply Lyft with a fleet of Jaguar and Land Rover vehicles, the automaker said on Monday.
InMotion's investment follows its recent seed investment in SPLT, the Detroit-based digital carpool business, which works with Lyft to provide non-emergency medical transport.
Catch the Biggest Newsmakers and the Biggest Newsbreaks on CNN-News18, your favourite English TV news channel. Keep watching CNN-News18 at just 50 Paise per Month. Contact your cable /DTH operator Now!
*Rental / capacity fee of Rs.130/- as charged by cable / DTH operator may apply. **GST extra.
Recommended For You
- "Completely Unexpected But a Dream Come True" - Markande Revels in India Call-up
- US Woman Marries Zombie Child Doll in Intimate Ceremony, Says They Want to Have Kids Now
- From Nick Jonas to Her Tattoo, Priyanka Chopra Answers Most Googled Questions About Her
- This Kashmiri Group's Game of Thrones Tribute Made it Into the Official Fan Anthem
- High in Ireland: Island Put on Sale, Can Be Yours for a Million Pounds
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s