Jeep Brand Might Be Sold by Fiat Chrysler Automobile
To accommodate production of the Jeep Compass in India, Jeep has invested Rs. 1,800 crore at the Fiat Factory at Ranjangaon.
Jeep Compass. (Photo: Manav Sinha/News18.com)
Fiat Chrysler Automobile might sell off the Jeep and Ram brand. As per a comment made at a press conference held to discuss FCA financial earnings for the first quarter of 2017, Sergio Marchionne admitted that the group is considering selling the brand. Currently, Jeep is Fiat Chrysler’s best brand which is growing rapidly both financially and in terms of new models.
Jeep is constantly bringing new and updated UVs to the market at the global scale and it was also one of the first automakers to explore the lucrative SUV segment. To accommodate production of the Jeep Compass in India, Jeep has invested Rs. 1,800 crore at the Fiat Factory at Ranjangaon. The Indian Factory is planned to be used as a production hub for all right-hand drive markets including United Kingdom, South Africa, South East Asia, Japan and Australia.
SUV accounts 40 percent of the American car market and if Jeep is sold, Fiat Chrysler Automobile would only be left with Dodge and Chrysler in the United States. Coincidentally, neither Dodge nor Chrysler have an SUV in their ranks.
Recommended For You
- Beyonce, Kim Kardashian Better Watch Out as National Geographic Crosses 100 Million Followers on Instagram
- Fountain of Youth? Study Finds New Anti-ageing Compound in Japanese Plant
- Archana Puran Singh on Replacing Navjot Singh Sidhu on The Kapil Sharma Show: It's A possibility
- Gully Boy Faces Major Drop As It Inches Closer to Rs 100 Cr Mark, Uri on 'Miraculous Run'
- YouTube Has Heard The Advertisers Message, And is Now Cracking Down on Pedophiles
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s