Karnataka Cops Smash Non-ISI Helmets, Make Traffic Regulations Stricter - Watch Video
Most people who prefer the non-ISI helmets sold on the roadside at a cheaper price are at the risk of imminent damage due to the lack of proper protection.
Karnataka cops smash non ISI helmets (Image: Facebook/ BikeToq)
Traffic has been a major problem in many parts of India. Along with rash driving, a lot of people don't follow basic rules like using a seat belt, wearing a proper helmet and others. This, in turn, makes it difficult for traffic cops to keep things in check. However, a recent video that surfaced on Facebook shows the cops breaking non-ISI helmets on the spot. Here’s the video:
As it can be seen in the video, the cop takes off a non-ISI helmet off a biker’s head and breaks it on the spot. A number of other non-ISI helmets can also be seen lying on the floor. Towards the end, the police stop another rider to take off his non-ISI approved helmet and smash it on the floor. In fact, most of the people prefer to buy non-ISI helmets, sold at roadsides at a cheaper price. However, these do not protect the riders’ heads from serious injuries in the event of an accident.
To save oneself from injuries during an accident, one should always wear a helmet which is capable to absorb tremendous amounts of force. The ISI certification of the helmet makes them impact-resistant and provides safety to the rider’s head.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Drag Shows, Books and Films: India's Queer Community Comes Together for First Rainbow Lit Fest
- News18 Tech & Auto Awards 2019 Celebrates The Intersection of Technology And Automobiles
- Shah Rukh Khan Opens up About Giving Flops Lately, Says We Just Made Bad Films
- I-League 2019-20: Srinagar Airport 'Inoperative', Real Kashmir FC's Next 2 Games Cancelled
- Nike Joyride Dual Run Review: The Running Shoe Revolution is Truly Underway