Kerala Floods: Car Insurance Companies to Expedite Claims in the State
Most of the insurance claims from Kerala, so far, have been related to property, cattle, and vehicles.
A car is seen submerged in flood water after heavy rainfall, at Vythiri in Wayanad. (Image: PTI)
State-owned general insurance companies have said that they will speed up the settlement process for insurance claims made in the state of Kerala due to the devastating floods this year. National Insurance, New India Assurance, Oriental Insurance and United India Insurance had made a joint statement earlier stating that they are prepared to receive to claim intimations and ensure a smooth and fast settlement process. Aforementioned companies also provide car insurance schemes.
The statements were made with regard to an Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (IRDAI) directive issued earlier. It asks insurers to expedite the settlement of all registered and eligible life-insurance claims related to the Kerala floods.
Technical Department Heads and General Managers of the PSUs had met earlier to discuss the processes, current guidelines and any adjustments to be made with regard to the Kerala floods. Most of the insurance claims from Kerala, so far, have been related to property, cattle, and vehicles.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Google Pixel 4 Face Unlock is so Unsecure, You May as Well Not Bother Using it
- Disha Patani and Tiger Shroff Add Star Power to ISL Opening Ceremony
- 'Dayaben' Disha Vakani Looks Radiant as Ever in Her Comeback Appearance on TMKOC
- Kasautii Zindagii Kay's 'Komolika' Aamna Sharif Opens up on Replacing Hina Khan
- Lebanon Thought Charging For WhatsApp is a Good Idea, But Citizens Vented Their Anger