Take the pledge to vote

For a better tommorow#AajSawaroApnaKal
  • I agree to receive emails from News18

  • I promise to vote in this year's elections no matter what the odds are.
  • Please check above checkbox.

    SUBMIT

Thank you for
taking the pledge

Vote responsibly as each vote counts
and makes a diffrence

Disclaimer:

Issued in public interest by HDFC Life. HDFC Life Insurance Company Limited (Formerly HDFC Standard Life Insurance Company Limited) (“HDFC Life”). CIN: L65110MH2000PLC128245, IRDAI Reg. No. 101 . The name/letters "HDFC" in the name/logo of the company belongs to Housing Development Finance Corporation Limited ("HDFC Limited") and is used by HDFC Life under an agreement entered into with HDFC Limited. ARN EU/04/19/13618
»
1-min read

Kinetic Green, Tonino Lamborghini Form JV to Manufacture Premium Electric, Solar Golf Carts

Kinetic group will hold 75 percent stake in the JV while the Lamborghini family will own the remaining 25 percent through Tonino Lamborghini SpA.

PTI

Updated:December 10, 2018, 12:25 PM IST
facebookTwitterskypewhatsapp
Kinetic Green, Tonino Lamborghini Form JV to Manufacture Premium Electric, Solar Golf Carts
(Image: Source)
Loading...

Pune-based Kinetic group company, Kinetic Green, announced forming a joint venture with Italian luxury accessories maker Tonino Lamborghini SpA to design and manufacture premium segment electric and solar golf carts for the global market. The JV is eyeing Rs 500 crore revenue over the next four to five years, besides garnering a 2.5 percent of the total global market pie, an official release said. Kinetic group will hold 75 percent stake in the JV through its electric vehicle specialist company, Kinetic Green Energy and Power Solutions (KGEPSL), while the Lamborghini family will own the remaining 25 percent through Tonino Lamborghini SpA, according to the release.

Vote Now! Tech And Auto Awards 2018 is here. Click here to vote for your favourite gadgets and cars.

"Kinetic Green is keenly looking to tap the global market with high-end golf carts and off-road electric vehicles along with our JV partner, the Lamborghini family," said Sulajja Firodia Motwani, founder and chief executive officer, KGEPSL. "As a first step, we have set a reasonable goal to build a top line of Rs 500 crore in the JV in the next four to five years, that will represent just 2.5 percent of the global market," she added.

The JV will leverage Kinetic Green's existing R&D as well as manufacturing facilities in Ahmednagar, which produces various electric vehicles, including electric three-wheelers, according to the release. The golf cart sector has a global market size of USD 2 billion and is increasing at a compound annual growth rate of 8-10 percent. Currently, North America and Europe account for over 45 percent market share.

The Asian market is also one of the fastest growing and it will represent a growing part of the global market, the release said. Both the companies will leverage their existing network and marketing channels to promote and market the joint venture products in India and globally, the release said. "Today we are very proud to announce the JV with Kinetic Green.

In the following weeks, all the aspects will be defined in order to jointly put all our values into the project to soon participate to this change," said Ferruccio Lamborghini, chief executive and vice-president of Tonino Lamborghini SpA. Ferruccio will also represent the interests of Tonino Lamborghini SpA on the JV board, the release said.

| Edited by: Abhinav Jakhar
Read full article
Loading...
Next Story
Next Story

Also Watch

facebookTwitterskypewhatsapp

Live TV

Loading...
Countdown To Elections Results
To Assembly Elections 2018 Results