Lexus RX450h From Hertz Rented by Apple to Test Self-Driving Cars: Report
To est self-driving technology. Apple Inc is leasing a small fleet of cars from rental company Hertz Global Holdings Inc.
For representational purpose. (Image: Getty Images)
Apple Inc is leasing a small fleet of cars from rental company Hertz Global Holdings Inc to test self-driving technology, Bloomberg reported.
Hertz shares were up 13.5 percent at $10.82, while shares of Apple were slightly down.
Apple is renting Lexus RX450h sport-utility vehicles from Hertz's Donlen fleet-management unit, according to the Bloomberg report, citing documents released recently by the California Department of Motor Vehicles.
The iPhone maker is concentrating on technology for self-driving cars, Chief Executive Tim Cook said earlier this month in an interview with Bloomberg.
Hertz declined to comment, while Apple did not immediately respond to a request for comment.
Alphabet Inc's self-driving car unit Waymo announced a similar partnership with Avis Budget Group Inc, earlier on Monday, to offer fleet support and maintenance services for its fleet of autonomous vehicles.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Avengers: Endgame Director Says Cancelling Spider Man Deal was Sony's 'Tragic Mistake'
- Dream Girl Box Office Day 4: Ayushmann Khurrana Sets New Benchmark
- This Rescued Deer Keeps Coming Back to the Family Who Saved Him
- Mi Smart Water Purifier Launched in India at Rs 11,999: Here's How it Works
- 'They Play With Your Dignity': Cristiano Ronaldo Says he Was Embarrassed by Rape Allegations