LG Anil Baijal Inaugurates Traffic Violation Detection System in Delhi
The traffic violation detection system will help in detecting traffic violation, promoting pedestrian safety & instilling a culture of discipline, said Baijal.
Delhi Traffic Monitoring System. (Image: Delhi Traffic Police)
According to Delhi Police data, there were 112 less road accidents reported in 2018 as compared to 2017 (6,386 cases). The number of injured persons went down from 6,332 to 5,831. However, the number of victims killed in road accidents increased by 6.23 per cent in comparison with the previous year — from 1,510 in 2017 to 1,604 in 2018 — in the national capital of India.
Launched Red Light Violation Detection System & Speed Violation Detection System from Dhaula Kuan to Sarai Kale Khan with @CPDelhi R.C. Bhargava Chairman @maruti_corp— LG Delhi (@LtGovDelhi) February 26, 2019
This will help in detecting traffic violation, promoting pedestrian safety & instilling a culture of discipline pic.twitter.com/pifC5byXgq
In 2018, a total number of 1,37,565 challans were issued for over-speeding. 37,188 challans were issued to those found driving under the influence of alcohol. This year till February 15, as many as 6,355 individuals have already been prosecuted for drunken driving and 12,653 for over-speeding.
The speed detection cameras will be installed in more locations in a process spanning four months and 96 cameras will be installed at 24 inter sections for monitoring red-light violations under the 3D radar-based Red Light Violation Detection Camera (RLVD) project. The estimated cost of the RLVD leg of the project is Rs 20 and the entire project will cost about Rs 50 crore.
Recommended For You
- IPL 2019 | Bumrah Recovering Well, to be Assessed Again on Monday: MI
- Lok Sabha Elections: 87,000 WhatsApp Groups Will Bombard Voters With Messages, But How Many Are Linked to Political Parties?
- HP Spectre Folio Review: There Are Premium Laptops, And There is This Setting New Benchmarks
- IPL 2019 | Dismissing Virat and AB Was the Highlight for Harbhajan
- AutoSpace - Best of the Week: Delhi Police Bus, Hyundai, Kia Motors & Ola, Boeing 737
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s