Mahindra Q1 Profit Falls About 20%
Excluding the impact of the Goods and Services Tax that kicked in from July 1, the company earned a profit of 8.60 billion rupees.
Image used for representational purpose. (Image: Reuters)
Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd posted an about 20 percent fall in quarterly profit on Friday, missing estimates, as sales growth in passenger vehicles slowed ahead of the transition to a new nationwide tax. Profit after tax was 7.66 billion rupees ($120.31 million) in the first quarter ended June 30, compared with 9.55 billion rupees a year earlier, the company said. Excluding the impact of the Goods and Services Tax that kicked in from July 1, the company earned a profit of 8.60 billion rupees. Analysts on average had expected a profit of 8.93 billion rupees, according to Thomson Reuters data.
Recommended For You
- This 17-Yr-Old is Prepping to be The First Human to Step on Mars
- Amazon Workers to go on Strike in Germany; Demand Better Working Conditions
- Wrestling Star Bill Goldberg Crashes his Toyota Tundra Pickup Truck at Goodwood Festival of Speed [Video]
- Tracking Death By WhatsApp: How Over 30 Lives Have Been Lost So Far
- OnePlus 6 Red Officially Goes on Sale on Amazon, OnePlus Website Today