Mahindra Sales Decline 6 Percent to 39,357 Units in April
Sales of passenger vehicles, including Scorpio, XUV500, Xylo, Bolero and Verito, were down 15 percent at 19,325 units.
Mahindra Logo. (Photo: Reuters)
Auto major Mahindra & Mahindra today reported a 6 percent decline in total sales at 39,357 units in April. The company had sold 41,863 units in the same month last year, the company said in a statement.
In the domestic market, sales were down 4 percent at 37,829 units last month compared to 39,357 units in April 2016. Exports were down 39 percent at 1,528 units in April against 2,506 units in the same month last year.
Sales of passenger vehicles, including Scorpio, XUV500, Xylo, Bolero and Verito, were down 15 percent at 19,325 units compared to 22,655 units in the same month last year.
Commercial vehicle sales were up 16 percent at 15,066 units in April against 12,947 units in the year-ago period, M&M said.
M&M President Automotive Sector Rajan Wadhera said “the company expects that the new financial year will bring in positive sentiments for the automotive industry with the key demand drivers in place.”
"Factors such as the ongoing infrastructure development initiatives, outlook for a normal monsoon and the expectation of a stable policy environment will fuel growth in the coming days," he added.
Catch the biggest newsmakers and the biggest newsbreaks on CNN-News18, the only news destination. Keep watching CNN-News18 at just 50 paise per month. Contact your cable/DTH operator now!
*Rental/capacity fee of Rs. 130/- as charged by cable/DTH operator may apply. **GST extra.
Recommended For You
- This YouTuber Flew Down From Hong Kong to Play PewDiePie's Diss Track Outside T-Series HQ in Noida
- This Woman Draws D**ck Pics on Her Running App to Mark the Routes She has Taken
- Samsung to Stop Making Flagship Phones in India, Protesting Phased Manufacturing Programme
- Janhvi Kapoor Gets Heavily Trolled for Flaunting Holographic Outfit Copied from International Brand
- France Fines Google €50 Million For Violating Data Privacy Rules As Defined by The GDPR
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s