195/288 Seats ((145 Seats to Win)
|Wins + Leads||133||31||31||18||13|
Mahindra Stops Electric Cars Sales in UK
Mahindra's exit from the UK comes less than a year after it launched the e2o car in a market which it considered as a launch-pad for selling electric cars in Europe.
Image used for representational purpose. (Image: Reuters)
Mahindra & Mahindra has stopped selling its electric car in the United Kingdom due to meager sales and is winding up operations there, according to a document seen by Reuters, in a setback for the Indian automaker's global ambitions.
Mahindra's exit from the UK comes less than a year after it launched the e2o car in a market it considered a launch-pad for selling electric cars in Europe, especially to countries like Norway, Sweden and the Netherlands.
"The level of e2o sales achieved is at an untenable level for us to maintain the investment required, hence our decision to cease trading at Mahindra UK with immediate effect and retract from the UK marketplace," Mahindra said in an April letter addressed to one of its buyers in the country.
"The Indian EV market is poised for a take-off and given that scenario, we are primarily focusing on the Indian market," said a Mahindra spokesman, in response to a Reuters query for comment. "We'll reconsider the UK market at an opportune time."
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- PUBG Mobile: Payload Mode Lands Today, Here’s Everything You Need to Know
- BCCI Chief Sourav Ganguly Wore His Team Blazer From 19 Years Ago, Fans Go Gaga Over 'Dada Swag'
- Watch: Farmer Turns 910-Pound Pumpkin into Boat and Goes for a Ride in Pond
- Apple Watch Saves Another Life; This Time a Man Who Fell Off a Cliff And Broke His Back
- PUBG Mobile: Erangel 2.0 Arriving in December, Glass Windows and New Items Leaked