Maruti Suzuki Discontinues Omni Van After 35 Years of Service - Report
The Omni was first introduced in India in 1984, a year after the launch of Maruti’s first car- the 800.
Maruti Suzuki Omni. (Image: Maruti Suzuki)
Maruti Suzuki Omni has long served the buyers looking for an affordable MPV in India. Priced aggressively, the Omni could be customized in various body types as the requirement of the buyer. Till now, Omni was doing good in sales, but a report suggests that Maruti Suzuki has finally decided to pull the plug off the Omni MPV.
After serving the Indian buyers for 35 years, Maruti has stopped the production of the Omni, a long pending call from those calling for better road safety initiatives in India. The Omni was first introduced in India in 1984, a year after the launch of Maruti’s first car- the 800.
Just a few days back, Maruti Suzuki India (MSI) launched the updated version of its multi purpose vehicle Eeco with various safety features, including reverse parking assist and co-driver seat belt reminder as standard fitment.
With the government mandating ABS, Airbags and BSVI norms, a lot of carmakers are pulling the plug off the older cars, no matter how good they were performing in terms of the sales.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Kareena Kapoor Awestruck by Kalki Koechlin's Six-month Pregnancy
- FASTag Will Soon be Mandatory For Your Car: This is How The Digital Payment Tag Works
- Google Pixel 4 isn't Coming to India and Desi Fanboys are Upset With Sundar Pichai
- Xiaomi Mi Air Purifier 2C at Rs 6499 Lands Ahead of Peak Pollution Season
- Redmi Note 8, Redmi Note 8 Pro Launched in India: Specs, Price and More