Maruti Suzuki Reaches 5 Lakh Cumulative CNG Vehicle Sales Milestone in India
Maruti Suzuki presently offers CNG options for the Alto 800, Alto K10, WagonR, Celerio, Dzire, Eeco and Super Carry in India. WagonR is the highest selling CNG model in the Maruti Suzuki CNG portfolio.
Maruti Celerio Green CNG tank. Photo for representation only. (Image: Maruti Suzuki)
Maruti Suzuki has announced that it has achieved the milestone of five lakh CNG vehicles sales in India, cumulatively. Maruti Suzuki presently offers CNG option in seven of its models, which include Alto 800, Alto K10, WagonR, Celerio, Dzire, Eeco and Super Carry. WagonR is the highest selling CNG model in the Maruti Suzuki CNG portfolio. CNG vehicle sales constituted around 15% of the total sales of the CNG range between Apr-Nov 2018. Maruti Suzuki introduced its first fleet of factory-fitted CNG vehicles with i-GPI technology in 2010.
Kenichi Ayukawa, Managing Director & CEO, Maruti Suzuki, said, “We are happy that over 5 lakh customers have selected factory-fitted CNG vehicles that are cleaner, reliable, safer and environmentally friendly. The benefit of low cost of ownership comes along with environment-friendly fuel option of CNG. The government’s resolve to rapidly expand countrywide CNG will enable many more customers to own an environment-friendly transport.”
Maruti Suzuki says that its range of factory-fitted CNG vehicles are most popular in Delhi NCR and across select cities in states of Gujarat, Maharashtra, Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, Orissa, UP and Punjab. In 2018-19, Maruti Suzuki expanded its CNG vehicle availability to 26 new cities to reach over 150 cities across the country.
Recommended For You
- Pooja Batra Nails the Minimal Bride Look at Intimate Wedding with Nawwab Shah, See Pics
- Did Netflix Just Give Out the Biggest Spoiler About Sacred Games 2 with this Cryptic Tweet?
- TVS Young Media Racer Program 2019 Round 2: Has Anyone Seen My Footpeg?
- ‘Breathtaking’: Diver Describes Her Encounter with Human-Sized Barrel Jellyfish
- After HDFC Bank Warning to Customers About Fraudsters, AnyDesk Details Security Measures in Place