Maruti Suzuki Reports 33 Percent Decline in August 2019 Sales, Hatchback Segment Worst Hit
Sales of mini cars comprising Alto and WagonR stood at 10,123 units as compared to 35,895 units in the same month last year, down 71.8 per cent.
Image for Representation (Reuters)
The country's largest carmaker Maruti Suzuki India on Sunday reported a 32.7 per cent decline in sales at 1,06,413 units in August.
The company had sold 1,58,189 units in August last year, Maruti Suzuki India (MSI) said in a statement. Domestic sales declined by 34.3 per cent at 97,061 units last month as against 1,47,700 units in August 2018, it added.
Sales of mini cars comprising Alto and WagonR stood at 10,123 units as compared to 35,895 units in the same month last year, down 71.8 per cent. Sales of compact segment, including models such as Swift, Celerio, Ignis, Baleno and Dzire, fell 23.9 per cent at 54,274 units as against 71,364 cars in August last year.
Mid-sized sedan Ciaz sold 1,596 units as compared to 7,002 units earlier. However, sales of utility vehicles, including Vitara Brezza, S-Cross and Ertiga, rose 3.1 per cent at 18,522 units as compared to 17,971 in the year-ago month, MSI said.
Exports in August were down by 10.8 per cent at 9,352 units as against 10,489 units in the corresponding month last year, the company said.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Zareen Khan Recounts Casting Couch Horror, Says Director Asked Her to 'Rehearse Kissing Scene'
- Want a 1Gbps Broadband Connection For Your Home? That Will be Rs 1,549 Onwards
- Apple iPhone 11 Pro Max Review: More Than Anything Else, The Camera is Truly Pro
- Nikon Z6 Review: A Strong Statement that Ably Rivals the Sony a7 III
- Xiaomi Mi TV 4X 65-inch Launched Alongside Mi TV 4X 50-inch, 4X 43-inch and 4A 40-inch