Meet World's First 3D-Printed Electric Motorcycle Nera
This first 3D-printed electric motorcycle is called Nera.
BigRep presents the Nera 3D-printed electric motorcycle. (Image: AFP Relaxnews)
The German 3D printing specialist BigRep has demoed its expertise by crafting a prototype 3D-printed electric motorcycle. All of the bike's parts are 3D printed except its motor and battery.
This first 3D-printed electric motorcycle is called Nera. From the frame and the fork to the rims and even the airless tires, almost all of this motorcycle's components have been 3D printed with machines produced by BigRep. Its sleek lines are the work of designers Marco Mattia Cristofori and Maximilian Sedlak.
The result is a compact e-bike (190cm x 90cm x 55cm) that is fully functional. There's currently no word on performance specs, however. It's also unclear whether the project will give rise to a production model.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Zareen Khan Recounts Casting Couch Horror, Says Director Asked Her to 'Rehearse Kissing Scene'
- Lilly Singh Hosting 'The Late Night Show' is the Desi Representation We've Been Waiting For
- Xiaomi Mi TV 4X 65-inch Launched Alongside Mi TV 4X 50-inch, 4X 43-inch and 4A 40-inch
- Mi Smart Water Purifier Launched in India at Rs 11,999: Here's How it Works
- Tamil Nadu's New EV Policy Seeks Full Road Tax Exemption for Electric Vehicles Until 2022