New BMW M8 Coupe To Go Under Production Soon
This flagship model will essentially replace the M6 while bringing brand new aesthetics and performance to the M line.
The BMW M8 Coupe is on its way to series production. (Image: AFP Relaxnews)
BMW Group has announced that its newest high-revving coupe is on its way to series production.
In one of the final phases of testing -- ripping around the corners of the Estoril grand-prix racing circuit in Portugal -- before series production, the camouflaged BMW M8 Coupe is proving to be large and in charge.
This flagship model will essentially replace the M6 while bringing brand new aesthetics and performance to the M line characterized by "dynamic prowess, agility, and precision." The low center of gravity, wide tracks, and overall lightweight design make for a stable and controllable ride that's further enhanced by M-line specific features including a unique chassis and suspension to increase steering precision and cornering dynamics.
As for the engine, the high-revving V8 with M TwinPower Turbo tech will produce the same 440kW/600hp of power as the well-loved M5 Sedan right down to the M xDrive all-wheel-drive system.
Official market launch of the BMW M8 Coupe is expected in 2019 followed by derivatives of the model: the BMW M8 Convertible and the BMW Gran Coupe. Though we don't have a price tag yet, the M850i Coupe will start at $111,900 next year, too, so the M8 will probably go up from there.
Recommended For You
- Please Don't Bully Me, Says Lexi Rabe Who Played Tony Stark's Daughter in Avengers Endgame
- Cannot Wait for Dark Mode on WhatsApp? Here is How to Enable it on Android and iOS
- Shah Rukh Khan Rides BMW Motorcycle, Gives Safety Message to Fans - Watch Video
- Watch: Sleeping Man Doesn't Even Wake Up as a Snake is Rescued from His Kurta
- RBI Committee Recommendations For KYC on Google Duo or Apple FaceTime Could See Larger Implementation
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s