New Tesla Autopilot Chips to be Available in Six Months: Elon Musk
Tesla's autopilot is a driver assistance system that handles some driving tasks and allows drivers to take their hands off the wheel.
Tesla Logo. (Photo: Reuters)
Tesla Inc Chief Executive Officer Elon Musk said a new chip that improves autopilot features would be available in about six months in all of the company's new production electric cars.
In a series of tweets, Musk said ..."~6 months before it is in all new production cars. No change to sensors. This is simple replacement of the Autopilot computer. Will be done free of charge for those who ordered full self-driving."
Musk also tweeted that the new chip would improve the performance of Tesla's Autopilot between 500 percent and 2000 percent.
He said the installation of the chip would be priced at $5,000 for those who did not order full self-driving.
Tesla's autopilot is a driver assistance system that handles some driving tasks and allows drivers to take their hands off the wheel. Tesla says drivers are supposed to keep their hands on the wheel at all times when using the system.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Subscribe to Moneycontrol Pro and gain access to curated markets data, trading recommendations, equity analysis, investment ideas, insights from market gurus and much more. Get Moneycontrol PRO for 1 year at price of 3 months. Use code FREEDOM.
Recommended For You
- India vs West Indies | 'All Credit to Team' - Kohli on Surpassing Ganguly's Record
- Salman Khan Announces 'Inshallah' Release Delayed, Won't Hit Theatres on Eid 2020
- Official Black Widow Poster Reveals Natasha Romanoff's New Suit and David Harbour as Red Guardian
- Nasser Hussain's Reaction to Ben Stokes' Heroics Sums Up Miraculous Headingley Win
- PV Sindhu Makes India Proud Again: PM Modi Praises the World Champion