Nissan Ties-up With Mobileye to Create Maps for Self-driving Cars
Mobileye's mapping technology was used in Nissan's recent autonomous vehicle demonstration in London
Mobileye's mapping technology being used in Nissan's recent autonomous vehicle demonstration in London. (Photo: AFP Relaxnews)
Israeli autonomous vehicle technology firm Mobileye said on Tuesday it forged an agreement with Nissan Motor Corp to create next generation maps to enable safe self-driving cars.
The deal comes after a successful trial last year that culminated in Mobileye's mapping technology being used in Nissan's recent autonomous vehicle demonstration in London.
"We now have significant commitments from multiple global automakers to generate and share data from camera-equipped ADAS (advanced driver assistance systems) vehicles," said Mobileye Chairman Amnon Shashua, adding the results will add to a global road map that is a critical feature of self-driving autos.
Mobileye, which also is collaborating with German automaker BMW, is in the process of being acquired by Intel Corp, which last month agreed to buy the company for $15.3 billion in a deal that promises to escalate the arms race among the world's carmakers and suppliers to acquire autonomous vehicle technology.
Catch the Biggest Newsmakers and the Biggest Newsbreaks on CNN-News18, your favourite English TV news channel. Keep watching CNN-News18 at just 50 Paise per Month. Contact your cable /DTH operator Now!
*Rental / capacity fee of Rs.130/- as charged by cable / DTH operator may apply. **GST extra.
Recommended For You
- Indian Prodigy Plays Piano at Lightning Speed, Amazes Everyone on 'The World's Best' Show
- AddArmor Escalade Bulletproof Vehicle Can Withstand AK-47 Bullets - Watch Video
- Will Smith Is Blown Away By Ranveer Singh's Gully Boy, Posts a Video in Praise of the Actor
- TVS Launches Kargil Edition of Star City+, Tribute to Indian Soldiers
- I-League: Minerva Request AIFF to Shift Srinagar Game or Ready to Forfeit
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s