NITI Aayog, IRF to Work For Intelligent Transport System in India
The National ITS policy will cover various sectors including traffic management, parking management, electronic enforcement of traffic rules and regulations.
File photo of NITI Aayog building.
The NITI Aayog has signed an agreement with Geneva-based International Road Federation for cooperation in the field of Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS) and to design a policy framework for the same, a statement said on Friday. The National ITS policy will cover various sectors including traffic management, parking management, electronic enforcement of traffic rules and regulations. It would also cover fleet management and monitoring, and innovation and education in the field of ITS, the statement said.
"The objective of this national ITS Policy will be to contribute to reducing urban traffic congestion, improving the situation around parking of vehicles in cities, improving road safety, and improving the security of passenger and goods traffic," said K.K. Kapila, chairman of the International Road Federation.
Don't Forget To Subscribe to our new YouTube Channel.
Also Watch: Micromax Canvas Infinity Review | The Most Affordable Bezel-Less Phone
Recommended For You
- Jasleen Matharu Reportedly Files FIR Against Deepak Thakur, Ranveer Singh Goes on a Selfie Spree at ICC World Cup
- Maruti Suzuki Swift Launched With BS-VI Spec Petrol Engine at Rs 5.14 Lakh
- Cricket World Cup 2019 | Shoaib Malik & Sania Mirza Hit Back at Twitter Trolling
- Xiaomi is Making Fun of Other Android Smartphones With Notches, as it Promotes The Mi 9T
- OnePlus 7 Pro 5G Belatedly Gets the Oxygen OS 9.5.4 Update With Bug Fixes And Improvements
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s