Passenger Vehicle Sales in India up by 14.29% to 2.75 Lakh Units in November
Motorcycle sales last month rose 23.25 percent to 9,59,122 units as against 7,78,173 units a year earlier.
(Image for representational purpose/Reuters)
Domestic passenger vehicle sales rose 14.29 percent to 2,75,417 units in November from 2,40,983 units in the same month last year. Domestic car sales were up 4.49 percent to 1,81,395 units as against 1,73,607 units in November last year, according to data released by the Society of Indian Automobile Manufacturers (SIAM).
Motorcycle sales last month rose 23.25 percent to 9,59,122 units as against 7,78,173 units a year earlier. Total two-wheeler sales in November rose 23.49 percent to 15,35,277 units compared to 12,43,246 units in the year-ago month.
Sales of commercial vehicles were up 50.43 percent to 68,846 units in November, SIAM said. Vehicle sales across categories registered a rise of 24.05 percent to 19,39,671 units from 15,63,658 units in November 2016, it added.
Also Watch: Tech and Auto Show Awards 2017
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Amit Panghal Becomes 1st Indian Man to Reach World Boxing Championships Final
- Do Not Worry, Your Mi TV Will Get Netflix And Amazon Prime Video Apps This Year
- Huge Hairball Surgically Removed from Teenager’s Stomach By Ludhiana Doctors
- Rashami Desai to Marry Boyfriend Arhaan Khan Inside Bigg Boss 13 House: Report
- Your iPhone is Going to Change Today With iOS 13, And Here is What You Will Get