Plane Makes Emergency Landing at Chennai Airport as Pilots Notice ‘Sparks’ in the Engine
The pilots detected the 'spark' while the plane was still in the Indian airspace, the officials said.
Representational Image. (Photo: Reuters)
A Singapore-bound flight of a private carrier, which took off from Tiruchirapalli, made an emergency landing at the Chennai airport on Monday following a 'spark' in the engine, officials said. The flight landed safely. Nobody was injured in the incident and all 170 passengers were safely disembarked, they said.
The pilots detected the 'spark' while the plane was still in the Indian airspace, the officials said. Immediately, the pilots contacted the Chennai airport for an emergency landing. Permission was granted and firefighters were put on standby, they said. The passengers were later provided accommodation in city hotels. Technicians are attending to the snag, the officials said.
Recommended For You
- Fans Want to Replace Donald Trump's Star with Carrie Fisher's on Hollywood Walk of Fame
- Marvel Announces Re-release of Avengers Endgame, Fans Flood Twitter with Avatar Memes
- Lionel Messi Defiant Even as Argentina Stand at Brink of Elimination from Copa America
- ICC World Cup 2019 | 'Game of the Tournament!' - Twitter Lauds Another New Zealand-South Africa Thriller
- US Man Suspected of Feeding Meth to Keep Illegally Kept ‘Attack Squirrel’ Aggressive
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s