Rajasthan Gets 150 New Electric Buses, 100 Units Allotted for Jaipur
The 150 buses will be provided to the state at 50 per cent subsidy rates, out of which 100 will be allotted to the state capital Jaipur.
Representational Image (Image source: Tata)
Under the Central Government’s FAME-2 Scheme Rajasthan will be getting 150 new electric buses. The 150 buses will be provided to the state at 50 per cent subsidy rates, out of which 100 will be allotted to the state capital Jaipur.
Earlier in July, the Rajasthan government announced plans to purchase 600 new buses, 300 of them electric. These buses will be operated on PPP model (Public-Private Partnership) and the purchase will put the economic burden of Rs 100 crore on the state exchequer, Local Self Government Department Minister Shanti Dhariwal said.
He said the state government has written to the Heavy Industry Department, Government of India, in this regard. Apart from this, NTPC (National Thermal Power Corporation) has expressed interest in running electric buses. They are being tested and if found in the right interest of the state, these would also be considered.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Subscribe to Moneycontrol Pro and gain access to curated markets data, trading recommendations, equity analysis, investment ideas, insights from market gurus and much more. Get Moneycontrol PRO for 1 year at price of 3 months. Use code FREEDOM.
Recommended For You
- Woman, Whose Rendition of Lata Mangeshkar Classic Went Viral, Records Song for Himesh Reshammiya
- UN Rejects Pak's Criticism of Priyanka: Ambassadors Retain Right to Speak in Personal Capacity
- Metz M55G2 4K Android TV Review: So Good, it Should Cost a Lot More Than Rs 42,990
- India vs West Indies 2019: Gavaskar 'Astonished' by Ashwin Exclusion
- World Badminton Championships: B Sai Praneeth Enter Quarters, HS Prannoy Loses