Renault India December 2016 Sales Figures Up by 9.2% at 11,244 Units
The company's sales in January-December period stood at 1,32,235 units.
Renault Kwid (Image Courtesy: Renault India)
Automaker Renault India has reported sales of 11,244 units in December, up 9.2 per cent from 10,292 units sold in the same month in 2015.
The company's sales in January-December period stood at 1,32,235 units, registering a growth of 146 per cent, it said in a statement. Renault had sold 53,847 units in the same period of 2015.
"India is a priority market for Group Renault and plays an important role in Renault's international growth," Renault India Operations Country CEO & Managing Director Sumit Sawhney said in a statement.
The company is on track with a 4.5 per cent market share at the end of 2016 achieving a robust three-digit growth over 2015, he added.
"Our focus for 2017 will be to continue and build on our growth journey, reflecting our long-term commitment to the Indian market. We plan to launch at least one new product every year, over the next 5 years, beginning with some exciting product innovations starting this year," Sawhney said.
The company would continue to build its network this year as well, with strategic measures to make cars more accessible to customers across the country, he added.
Also read: Renault Kwid AMT 'Easy-R' Launched at Rs 4.25 Lakh
Recommended For You
- Stephen Hawking's Last Research Paper Could Prove The Existence of Multiple Universes
- 102 and 100-Year Old Runners Set World Record in 60m Dash
- Toyota Yaris Sedan – All You Need to Know: Price, Mileage, Features and More
- Ranveer Singh Says That He And Deepika Padukone Share A Relationship Of Mutual Respect
- 'Always Trusted Dinesh Karthik's Ability to Finish Game'