Royal Enfield Classic 500 ABS Launched in India at Rs 1.99 Lakh
After the Royal Enfield Classic Signals 350, the Royal Enfield Classic 500 has now received the blessing of ABS by RE, at a premium of about Rs 15,000.
Royal Enfield Classic 500 ABS. (Photo: Royal Enfield)
Royal Enfield had recently launched the Classic Signals 350 in India which came with what is seen as a necessity in modern motorcycles – Anti-lock Braking System, or ABS in short. Now, the Royal Enfield (RE) has introduced the ABS-equipped model of the Classic 500 in the Indian market as well, priced at Rs 1.99 lakh (ex-showroom, Mumbai).
According to reports, the Royal Enfield Classic 500 with the matte-finish paint scheme costs Rs 2.02 lakh whereas the Chrome-finished model of the Classic 500 costs Rs 2.1 Lakh (all prices ex-showroom, Mumbai).
As per these prices, the ABS-equipped Classic 500 model comes at a premium of about Rs 15,000 more as compared to the mode that does not get ABS. Mechanically, though, the RE continues to be powered by the same 499cc single-cylinder engine that is capable of 27.6 hp delivery and 41.3 Nm of torque.
With the introduction of ABS in the Classic 500, this has made it the third Royal Enfield model in India to have this feature, after the Royal Enfield Classic Signals 350 and the Himalayan.
Recommended For You
- Alexa on Windows 10 Will Soon Activate on Lock Screen with Microsoft's 19H2 Update
- From Politicians to Movie Stars, Women are Sharing Their Favourite Saree Photos on Twitter
- Have You Tried Solving this ‘Maths Meme’ that Has Left People Scratching Their Heads?
- Did Netflix Just Give Out the Biggest Spoiler About Sacred Games 2 with this Cryptic Tweet?
- Watch: Sleeping Man Doesn't Even Wake Up as a Snake is Rescued from His Kurta