Skoda Recalling 663 Laura Cars Over Software Update
Fiat Chrysler Automobiles (FCA) India had last week announced a recall of around 1,200 units of its latest SUV, Jeep Compass, for replacement of front passenger airbag.
Skoda Logo. Image used for representative purpose. (Photo: Siddharth Safaya/News18.com)
Skoda Auto India is recalling 663 units of its Laura model range produced between 2009 and 2010 to update software control unit of the braking safety system.
In a service action alert on its website, the company said it would conduct a service campaign to update the software of ABS/ESC control unit of 663 units of the Laura model range produced between 2009 and 2010.
The ABS (anti-lock braking system) prevents wheels from locking up and avoid uncontrolled skidding, while ESC (electronic stability control) helps in maintaining vehicle stability in emergency braking.
"Authorised Skoda dealers will contact customers for a service appointment, this activity will be done at no cost to the customer and will take approximately 1 hour," the company said.
Fiat Chrysler Automobiles (FCA) India had last week announced a recall of around 1,200 units of its latest SUV, Jeep Compass, for replacement of front passenger airbag. The affected units were manufactured between September 5 and November 19, 2017.
Also Watch: Maruti Suzuki's Senior Executive Director, RS Kalsi Asks #PehniKya?
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Swanky Cars, Snazzy Hairstyles and Tattoos: The New Lifestyles of India's Kabbadi Millionaires
- Xiaomi Mi TV 4X 65-inch Launched Alongside Mi TV 4X 50-inch, 4X 43-inch and 4A 40-inch
- 'They Play With Your Dignity': Cristiano Ronaldo Says he Was Embarrassed by Rape Allegations
- 22 Years and Countless Battles Later, Ash Ketchum Has Finally Become a Pokémon Master
- Tamil Nadu's New EV Policy Seeks Full Road Tax Exemption for Electric Vehicles Until 2022