Skoda to Increase Car Prices by up to 2 Percent from January 2019
Skoda sells a range of vehicles starting from mid-sized sedan Rapid to the premium SUV Kodiaq, priced between Rs 7.99-35.99 lakh.
Skoda Kodiaq SUV. (Image: Arjit Garg/News18.com)
Skoda Auto India Monday said it will increase prices of all its models by up to 2 percent from January 1, 2019. The company considered a price hike after reviewing its input and freight costs on both domestic and import fronts, it said. "There has been a surge in the cost of our inputs for production due to significant volatility in the global commodity prices and foreign exchange rates in recent times," Skoda Auto India Director - Sales, Service, and Marketing Zac Hollis said.
It has been absorbing these incremental costs all this while but is now considering a price hike of up to 2 percent with effect from next month across its model range, he added. At present, Skoda sells a range of vehicles starting from mid-sized sedan Rapid to the premium SUV Kodiaq, priced between Rs 7.99-35.99 lakh.
Last week, Maruti Suzuki India and utility vehicle maker Isuzu Motors announced price hike with effect from January to offset increasing input and distribution costs. In November, Toyota Kirloskar Motor announced that it would increase prices of vehicles across models by up to 4 percent from January 1 to offset increasing manufacturing costs due to rupee depreciation.
Recommended For You
- Ali Fazal Catches Up with Game of Thrones Actress Nathalie Emmanuel, See Pic
- Amala Paul Reacts to Ex-Husband AL Vijay’s Marriage with R Aishwarya
- Watch: Sleeping Man Doesn't Even Wake Up as a Snake is Rescued from His Kurta
- TVS Young Media Racer Program 2019 Round 2: Has Anyone Seen My Footpeg?
- Amazon Prime Day Sale: There is a 43-inch Samsung For Rs 28,999 And a Fire TV Stick is Bundled With it