Swiss Authorities Ban Some Models of Mercedes and Porsche Over Emissions
Mercedes Vitos with 1.6-litre diesel engines, Porsche Macans with 3-litre diesel engines and Cayennes with 4.2-litre diesel engine are affected by the action.
The Mercedes-Benz logo. Image used for representative purpose. (Photo: Reuters)
Swiss authorities have halted registrations of some new Mercedes-Benz Vito and Porsche Macan and Cayenne vehicles which had diesel engines that disguised emissions levels, the Astra roads agency said earlier. The move will affect vehicles imported from August 17. Vehicles already registered in Switzerland may continue to operate, but must be retrofitted, Astra said in a statement.
Mercedes Vitos with 1.6-litre diesel engines, Porsche Macans with 3-litre diesel engines and Cayennes with 4.2-litre diesel engine are affected by the action. All have Euro 6 emission norms, which refers to the emissions standards these engines are required to meet.
Daimler said it had stopped exporting the Vito model after German authorities in May ordered a recall and halt to new registrations for the vehicle. This affected 24 Vito vehicles destined for Switzerland, a spokesman for the German manufacturer said in an emailed statement.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Priyanka Chopra, Nick Jonas Seduce Each Other in What A Man Gotta Do Video
- 'It's Okay To Be a Virgin': Lilly Singh Just Took Down Society's Obsession With Hymens
- Immortality or Scam? Russian Company Offers to Freeze Dead Brains to Revive Them in Future
- 13-Year-Old's Emotional Speech about Father Who Died in Iran Plane Crash Will Break Your Heart
- Runners And Fitness Junkies Take Note! The Best Marathon Gear You Must Buy, Right Now