Tender For 1,000 E-Buses To Be Floated Next Year: DTC Managing Director
1000 e-buses are expected to roll down the roads of Delhi around June 2019.
JBM Solaris Eco-Life All-Electric Bus. (Image: News18.com)
The tender for procurement of 1,000 e-buses by the Delhi government is expected to be floated around January next year, DTC Managing Director Manoj Kumar said Thursday. Speaking at a seminar on 'Transforming Urban Mobility in India and Role of Electric Vehicles' held at the PHD Chamber of Commerce and Industry, he noted the buses will roll down the roads of Delhi around June 2019.
The trial run of two e-buses is currently being conducted by the transport department of the AAP-led Delhi government. The government has appointed the Delhi Integrated Multi Modal Transit System (DIMTS) as a consultant for procurement of e-buses.
A report will be submitted by the DIMTS to the government, most likely in December, after which the process of floating tender will take place, a senior government official said.
Recommended For You
- Motor Vehicles Amendment Bill 2019 Passed: Here's a Complete List of Revised Traffic Violation Fines
- Hrithik Roshan, Tiger Shroff Perform Dangerous Bike Chase Stunts on Portugal's Highest Peak for War
- These Shirtless Pics of Nick Jonas Have Fans Gushing Over His 'Dad Bod'
- PUBG Mobile 0.14.0 Beta Update: New UI, Helicopters, Zombie Mode Update and More
- Best and Worst Day of my Cricketing Life – Guptill Looks Back at World Cup Final