Tesla Adds More Video Games to In-vehicle Software TeslAtari
When their vehicle is parked, Tesla owners can play any of these by using the steering wheel as a controller.
Tesla Model 3 at Paris Motor Show 2018. Image for representational purposes only. (Photo: News18.com)
Tesla announced that it will be rolling out "2048" and "Super Breakout" to TeslAtari, a software feature that turns Tesla models' touchscreen displays into old-school-style video game systems. When Tesla's vehicle software was updated last August, not only was it enhanced by autopilot-improving features, but it was also equipped with an Easter egg that enables access to a handful of classic Atari games -- "Missile Command," "Asteroids," "Lunar Lander," "Centipede," and "Pole Position" (which was later removed due to rights issues) -- that can be played on the dashboard touchscreens found in the Model S, Model X, and Model 3.
Earlier, Tesla published a video to YouTube announcing that the software will be getting a couple more games this week: Atari's "Super Breakout" and "2048."
When their vehicle is parked, Tesla owners can play any of these by using the steering wheel as a controller. Allegedly, video game controllers can be used to play the games by plugging them into the car's USB port, as well, but compatibility from different brand's system controllers appears to vary.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- I-League Clubs to be in ISL as AFC-AIFF Decide on Single League Roadmap
- Reliance Jio Says India’s Monthly Data Usage is More Than 9GB Per Subscriber
- Bigg Boss 13 Day 14 Written Update: Salman Khan Eliminates Koena Mitra on Weekend Ka Vaar
- NASA Satellite Images Show Fires Still Burning May Be Reason for Poor Air Quality in North India
- All-New BMW 3-Series Test Drive Review: Performance in the Lap of Luxury