Tesla Denies Refunds Outpacing Deposits For Model 3
Shares in Tesla fell as much as 3 percent in early deals on Thursday.
Tesla Model 3. Photo for representation only. (Image: AFP Relaxnews)
Tesla denied on Thursday that refunds of bookings of its Model 3 sedan were now outpacing reservations, responding to a report earlier in the day by a Wall Street brokerage citing channel checks on the electric carmaker.
"The notion that Model 3 cancellations are outpacing orders is unequivocally false," a Tesla spokesperson told Reuters. Needham & Co analyst Rajvindra Gill wrote in a client note earlier on Thursday: "In August '17, TSLA cited that the refund rate was 12 percent. Almost a year later, we believe the refund rate has doubled and outpaced deposits."
According to automotive consultant Sandy Munro, president of Michigan-based Munro & Associates, recently claimed that the Tesla Model 3 sedan is the most profitable electric car in the automotive industry. He also said the car generates net profit margins in excess of 30 percent. Munro firm had torn down the Model 3 to better understand how it works.
Shares in Tesla fell as much as 3 percent in early deals on Thursday before recovering to trade just 0.3 percent lower by 2.05 p.m.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Subscribe to Moneycontrol Pro and gain access to curated markets data, trading recommendations, equity analysis, investment ideas, insights from market gurus and much more. Get Moneycontrol PRO for 1 year at price of 3 months. Use code FREEDOM.
Recommended For You
- Akshay Kumar's Mission Mangal Inches Closer to 100 Cr, John Abraham's Batla House Paces Up at BO
- Pro Kabaddi 2019 LIVE Score, U Mumba vs Haryana Steelers in Chennai: Haryana 21-17 Mumba
- Are Your Cable TV And DTH Subscriptions Set to Become More Affordable?
- Labuschagne Replaces Smith to Become First Like-for-like Substitution in Cricket
- Weekly Tech Recap: Realme 5 Series Launch, Reliance Jio Fiber, PUBG Mobile 0.14.0 Update and More