Tesla Model 3 Electric Sedan Now Cheaper In China
Earlier this month Tesla cut prices on its Model S and Model X after China's finance ministry said it would suspend additional tariffs on U.S.-made vehicles.
Tesla Model 3. (Image: twitter.com/elonmusk)
Tesla Inc has slashed prices on its Model 3 electric car in China.
According to the California-based electric carmaker's Chinese website, prices of certain Model 3 cars were cut by up to 7.6 percent. The starting price for a Model 3 in China now is 499,000 yuan ($72,000).
It was the third time in the last two months that Tesla has adjusted its prices in China. In November, the company cut the prices of its Model X and Model S cars by 12 to 26 percent.
Tesla at the time said it was "absorbing a significant part of the tariff to help make cars more affordable for customers in China".
Earlier this month Tesla cut prices on its Model S and Model X after China's finance ministry said it would suspend additional tariffs on U.S.-made vehicles and auto parts for three months from January, lowering the cost of importing U.S.-produced Tesla cars into China for sale.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- How a Wheelchair Taxi Service is Helping Specially-Abled Voters in Mumbai Reach Poll Booths
- Here's How Priyanka Chopra, Nick Jonas Decided to 'Chill' After a Concert Night
- Indian Government Procures Hyundai Kona Electric SUV for Senior Officials
- Flipkart Big Diwali Sale: Get Samsung’s The Frame QLED Smart TV at Rs 72,000
- OnePlus TVs Will Get The Netflix App Soon, But We Don’t Know Exactly When