Tesla Model 3 Most Profitable Electric Car According to Consultant
Sandy Munro, president of Michigan-based Munro & Associates, said the car generates net profit margins in excess of 30 percent.
Tesla Model 3. Representative image. (Photo: Reuters)
The Tesla Model 3 sedan is the most profitable electric car in the automotive industry, according to the head of a top automotive consultant. Sandy Munro, president of Michigan-based Munro & Associates, said the car generates net profit margins in excess of 30 percent. Munro, whose firm tore down the Model 3 to better understand it, made his comments on an appearance on Monday on Autoline, an automotive-focused television show.
In previous episodes discussing the Model 3, Munro had been critical of the car's fit and finish but praised its handling on the road. "The Model 3 is profitable, so I have to eat crow. I didn't think it would happen this way," he said on Monday. "No electric car is getting 30 percent net, nobody." Munro could not be reached by Reuters for comment on Tuesday.
Tesla, whose shares were up 1.7 percent at $315.42 in Tuesday morning trading on the Nasdaq, is pushing to increase production of the Model 3, which starts at $35,000 and is key to the electric carmaker's profitability. The company has been burning through cash to produce the Model 3. Munro's firm has done work for several automakers and also is followed closely in the analyst community.
Recommended For You
- Jonas Brothers Say 'Happiness Has Truly Begun' With Their No. 1 Album First Time in a Decade
- Cricket World Cup 2019 | Shoaib Malik & Sania Mirza Hit Back at Twitter Trolling
- Kriti Sanon Soaks Up the Sun in Maldives With Her Tribe, See All Pics
- Support Pours in From Music Industry After Megadeth Frontman Dave Mustaine Diagnosed With Throat Cancer
- OnePlus 7 Pro 5G Belatedly Gets the Oxygen OS 9.5.4 Update With Bug Fixes And Improvements
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s