Tesla Model Y to be Unveiled on March 14, says Elon Musk
Tesla Inc will unveil its Model Y on March 14 at an event in LA Design Studio, Chief Executive Elon Musk said on Twitter.
Tesla Logo. (Photo: Reuters)
Tesla Inc will unveil its Model Y on March 14 at an event in LA Design Studio, Chief Executive Elon Musk said on Sunday.
"Model Y, being an SUV, is about 10 percent bigger than Model 3, so will cost about 10 percent more; have slightly less range for same battery," Musk said in a tweet.
Model Y unveil event on March 14 at LA Design Studio— Elon Musk (@elonmusk) March 3, 2019
The Shanghai Gigafactory, based in eastern China, aims to manufacture Model 3 and Model Y cars, with annual capacity of 250,000 vehicles.
Tesla earlier this week offered a $35,000 version of its Model 3 sedan and said its global sales would now be online-only, steps designed to increase demand and cut overhead costs for the electric vehicle maker.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Subscribe to Moneycontrol Pro and gain access to curated markets data, trading recommendations, equity analysis, investment ideas, insights from market gurus and much more. Get Moneycontrol PRO for 1 year at price of 3 months. Use code FREEDOM.
Recommended For You
- Doing a Bamboozle: Meet Astro, the Robodog 'Inspired' by the Human Brain
- Keanu Reeves, Carrie Anne-Moss Are Officially Returning for Matrix 4, And Fans Can't Keep Calm
- Youtuber Finds GoPro Camera Containing Final Moments of Teenager Who Drowned
- Maruti Suzuki XL6 to Launch Today, Watch it Live Here [Video]
- New Zealand Cricketers Satterthwaite & Tahuhu Announce Pregnancy