Tesla Preparing to Offer Model 3 Electric Sedan Leasing Option to Boost Demand
Over the past year, Tesla has talked about using leasing to boost demand for the Model 3.
Tesla Model 3. Representative image. (Photo: Reuters)
Elon Musk's Tesla Inc is preparing to launch its leasing products for Model 3 to boost demand, news website Electrek said, citing an email sent to employees.
The email stated that employees will be able to lease a Model 3 within the next two weeks, Electrek reported citing sources familiar with the matter. The email did not say when consumers could lease the sedan.
A Tesla representative said that no decision has been made about when Model 3 leasing will be available. Over the past year, Tesla has talked about using leasing to boost demand for the Model 3, but the automaker has been reluctant to introduce the measure because of its effect on GAAP financials.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Subscribe to Moneycontrol Pro and gain access to curated markets data, trading recommendations, equity analysis, investment ideas, insights from market gurus and much more. Get Moneycontrol PRO for 1 year at price of 3 months. Use code FREEDOM.
Recommended For You
- Pro Kabaddi 2019 LIVE Score, U Mumba vs Haryana Steelers in Chennai: Mumbai Eye Back-to-back Wins
- Couple Find Their Woodstock Photo 50 Years after Iconic Festival
- BCCI Informs Indian High Commission in Antigua About Hoax Terror Threat
- Anushka Sharma's Gorgeous 'Sun-kissed' Pic Gets Most Romantic Comment from Virat Kohli
- Maruti Suzuki Can't Afford to Discontinue Diesel Cars in India – Here’s Why