Understanding the New Motor Vehicles (Amendment) Bill 2019 - Infographic
Here's a detailed Infographic decoding the current fine amount and proposed fine amount under the New Motor Vehicles (Amendment) Bill 2019.
Union Minister Nitin Gadkari during an interview to CNN-News18.
The Motor Vehicles (Amendment) Bill 2019 was passed in Lok Sabha on Tuesday and will now be tabled in the Upper House, Rajya Sabha. Presenting the bill, Transport and Highways Minister Nitin Gadkari said he is here "not to show any dream" but to fulfil promises made on better, smoother roads and latest transport technology. The bill proposes hefty fines on traffic violations, much higher than the current fines.
We have made an Infographic decoding the current fine amount and proposed fine amount.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Rohit Sharma Fans Go Berserk as Hitman Smashes Consecutive Sixes to Hand NZ Another Super Over Loss
- Can All Indian Airlines Really Ban Kunal Kamra? Here is What the Law Says
- Malnourished Lions from Sudan Zoo Get Life Saving Treatment after Viral Photos Cause Global Outrage
- Australian Open 2020 Day 10, Nadal vs Thiem LIVE Score and Updates: Thiem Beats Rafa To Book Semis Spot
- Neeraj Chopra Qualifies for 2020 Tokyo Olympics Winning CNW League Meeting in South Africa