Volkswagen, Ford Reach Outline Agreement to Share Electric, Autonomous Tech
Ford and Volkswagen (VW) have reached an outline agreement extending their alliance beyond a cooperation on commercial vehicles.
Image for Representation
Ford and Volkswagen (VW) have reached an outline agreement to share electric and autonomous car technologies, extending their alliance beyond a cooperation on commerical vehicles, a source familiar with the matter said on Friday.
VW will share its MEB electric vehicle platform with Ford, the source said. Volkswagen's supervisory board is due to discuss deepening the alliance at a meeting on July 11, 2019, a second source told Reuters.
A VW spokesman declined to comment on the details of a potential alliance but said that talks with Ford are progressing well. A Ford spokeswoman said, "Our talks with Volkswagen continue. Discussions have been productive across a number of areas. We'll share updates as details become more firm."
Recommended For You
- FaceApp-like Technology Helps Chinese Police Reunite Man Kidnapped 18 Years Ago with Family
- People Thought He was Married to Sakshi Tanwar in Real Life, Reveals Ram Kapoor’s Wife Gautami
- Xiaomi Redmi K20, K20 Pro go on Sale Today: Price, Launch Offers and More
- MS Dhoni Gets Army Permission to Train With Parachute Regiment: Reports
- It Went Wrong From My End: PV Sindhu Rues Mistakes in Indonesia Open Final Loss to Yamaguchi