Volkswagen September Sales Hit Record on Strong Demand in China, Americas
Nine-month deliveries of Volkswagen's largest division by sales and revenue rose 2.7 percent to 4.49 million autos, with gains in China and the Americas offsetting a decline in western Europe.
Volkswagen Logo. (Photo: Reuters)
Volkswagen on Friday reported the highest-ever September sales result for its core namesake brand, with global registrations up 8 percent year-on-year to 593,700 vehicles.
Nine-month deliveries of Volkswagen's largest division by sales and revenue rose 2.7 percent to 4.49 million autos, with gains in China and the Americas offsetting a decline in western Europe, the carmaker said.
"There are also clear signs of an upturn in the home market of Germany, current orders are well above the previous month," sales chief Juergen Stackmann said, without being more specific.
Also Read: Volkswagen Tiguan Review
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Reliance Jio, Airtel And Vodafone Idea Are Trolling Each Other on Social Media
- WhatsApp Has Some New Features For iPhone Users And You Can Use Them Now
- After Darbar Shoot, Rajinikanth off to Himalayas with Daughter Aishwarya
- I-League Clubs to be in ISL as AFC-AIFF Decide on Single League Roadmap
- Reliance Jio Says India’s Monthly Data Usage is More Than 9GB Per Subscriber