Volkswagen to Launch Four SUVs in India Over the Next 2 Years
Volkswagen will be showcasing it SUV range, including the electric vehicles, at the Auto Expo next month.
Volkswagen logo. (Image: Reuters)
German automaker Volkswagen on Thursday said it plans to introduce four new sports utility vehicles (SUVs) in the Indian market over the next two years. The company said it would showcase its SUV range, including electric vehicle based on the MEB platform along with the world premiere of the A0 SUV from Brand Volkswagen under India 2.0 project, at the Auto Expo next month.
"Owing to ever-increasing consumer preferences for the SUVs, the Volkswagen brand plans to heavily focus on introducing its global line-up of SUV portfolio for the Indian market," the company said in a statement. Volkswagen Passenger Cars India Director Steffen Knapp said the company understands the rapidly changing preferences of Indian consumers.
"In-line to the same, we will introduce one of our biggest SUV offensive portfolios for the Indian shores. Always keeping safety at the forefront, the upcoming carlines will re-define their respective segments, addressing the needs of our discerning Indian consumers," he added. The company has received a great response for its SUV model Tiguan, Knapp said.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Shah Rukh Khan Says He's Missing Jeff Bezos' ‘Uninhibited Laughter'
- Street Dancer 3D: Shraddha Kapoor Gets This Special Gift from Varun Dhawan
- Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 Review: Valiant Battle to Keep Android Relevant in The Workplace
- 'Kambal Chor' Trends on Twitter as Videos of UP Police 'Stealing' Blankets from Protesters Go Viral
- US Congresswoman Ayanna Pressley Becomes an Inspiration to All With Her Powerful Hair Loss Story