IAF Sukhoi Su-30MKI Fighter Jet Operate from Civil Airport of Guwahati, Kolkata - Watch Video
This is for the first time an IAF Sukhoi Su-30MKI has performed a sortie from the civilian airbase in the Eastern Air Command.
Image for representative purpose. (Photo: Reuters)
The two day operations were conducted on 01 & 02 May 19. The frontline SU-30MKI aircraft operated from Kolkata & Guwahati, and the Hawk jets from Andal airfield. The fighters carried out both day and night flying operations during the exercise.@DefenceMinIndia@proshillong pic.twitter.com/lGdX2uy2zz— Indian Air Force (@IAF_MCC) May 2, 2019
The statement further reads - "The frontline SU-30MKI aircraft operated from Kolkata & Guwahati, and the Hawk jets from Andal airfield. The fighters carried out both day and night flying operations during the exercise."
After the exercise, Air Marshal Sandeep Singh, Senior Air Staff Officer, Eastern Air Command, expressed satisfaction and said it achieved all its aim and such training gave Air Force the flexibility to shift operating base if the need arose. He also emphasised the significance of operating from Kolkata as it was vital for maritime operational requirements.
With Inputs from IANS
Recommended For You
- Hyundai Venue Compact SUV First Look Review - Watch Video
- The Rush Rivalry: The Immortalised Story of Niki Lauda and James Hunt
- Are Kapil Sharma and Ginni Chatrath Expecting Their First Child Together?
- Eureka Forbes Dr. Aeroguard SCPR 660H Review: Your Home Does Not Deserve This Air Purifier
- Niki Lauda, Formula 1 Legend Horrendously Burned in Fireball Crash 42 Years Ago, Dies Aged 70
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s