World's First Electric Royal Enfield Classic 500 Spotted in Thailand
The electric motor is neatly mounted Royal Enfield's frame which is slightly modified with a metal casing on the sides to accommodate the large battery packs.
Electric Royal Enfield Classic 500.
Ever thought of a Royal Enfield EV?, it is quite hard to think of but this odd idea is now a reality as recently an electrified Royal Enfield Classic 500 was spotted at a dealership in Thailand. In the image, it is clearly seen that an electric motor is neatly mounted on the frame which is slightly modified with a metal casing on the sides to accommodate the large battery packs. The pillion seat on the bike is replaced by the luggage rack and chain is replaced by the belt-drive.
The rear suspension of the bike has been replaced by after-market twin shock absorbers from Ohlins. The bike also gets a disc break at the rear wheel instead of the stock drum brakes. So far there is no information about the technical specifications and power output figures of the bike as of now. The modified bike also gets a unique fully digital instrument cluster.
The electrified Royal Enfield Classic 500 also lacks the clutch lever. So far, there is no update from the company’s end about this particular model, however, Royal Enfield is not shying away from developing an electric motorcycle.
Also Watch: Isuzu MU X vs Toyota Fortuner Comparison Review | Cars18
Recommended For You
- Kia Seltos SUV Unveiled in India, Gets Connectivity Features and 10.25-inch Touchscreen
- Kia Seltos Unveiled in India: As it Happened
- Ranveer Singh Gets Legal Notice from WWE Wrestler Brock Lesnar's Advocate Paul Heyman
- Kendall Jenner's Photos of Outfit Matching Coke Can Puzzle Fans
- Xiaomi Sells More Than 100,000 Mi TVs in Just 9 Minutes During 618 Sales in China
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s