French Open Super Series: Shuttlers PV Sindhu, HS Prannoy Advance
Rio Olympics silver medallist PV Sindhu defeated Yip Pui Yin of Hong Kong to advance in the French Open Super Series here on Wednesday.
A file photo of PV Sindhu. (Getty Images)
Paris: Rio Olympics silver medallist PV Sindhu defeated Yip Pui Yin of Hong Kong to advance in the French Open Super Series here on Wednesday.
Sindhu outplayed Yin 21-9 29-27 in a clash which lasted around 45 minutes at Coubertin-1 here.
In a relatively lop-sided first game, Sindhu thrashed her opponent with some swift court movements and powerful smashes.
The Indian shuttler had to struggle to win the second game.
In men's singles, HS Prannoy defeated Thailand's Boonsak Ponsana 21-16 21-18 to enter the second round of the tournament.
Ajay Jayaram and Sai Parneeth will take on their respective opponents later in the day.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- You Can Now Buy a Baby Yoda Toy for Rs 21,000, But Here's the Catch
- PUBG Mobile Addiction: 20-Year-Old Drinks Chemical Instead of Water While Playing Game
- 'Rick-a-licious': Pringles Teams Up with Adult Swim to Launch 'Pickle Rick' flavour of Chips
- Airtel Has Three New Prepaid Recharge Packs With Unlimited Voice Calls
- Virat Kohli Dedicates India's T20I Win to Anushka Sharma, Says It's Special Wedding Anniversary Gift