HS Prannoy Pulls Out of China and Korea Open Due to Dengue
HS Prannoy, who has been diagnosed with dengue, will not play the China and Korea Open.
File photo of HS Prannoy. (Photo Credit: BAI)
New Delhi: Star shuttler HS Prannoy will miss at least two tournaments on the circuit after being diagnosed with dengue.
Prannoy will first miss the China Open, which will be held at Changzhou, from September 17 to 22 and then the Korea Open, scheduled to be held at Incheon, from September 24 to 29.
Prannoy took to twitter to inform his fans about his health condition.
"Quick update- Would be out of action for unpredictable days after being diagnosed with dengue. Will not be a part of Indian team for China and Korea open next week. Hopefully can get back to good health ASAP,"Prannoy tweeted.
Quick update- Would be out of action for unpredictable days after being diagnosed with dengue. Will not be a part of Indian team for China and Korea open next week. Hopefully can get back to good health ASAP. 2019 Year oru reksha Illa mone 😒 #nallabesttime— PRANNOY HS (@PRANNOYHSPRI) September 9, 2019
Prannoy recently beat Lin Dan at the World Championship in Basel before losing to Kento Momota.
He was also in the news for criticising the jury after being overlooked for the prestigious Arjuna award.
His compatriot B Sai Praneeth got the award and followed it up with a bronze medal at the World Championships.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Surveen Chawla Opens up on Facing Casting Couch, Says Directors Wanted to See Her Cleavage, Thighs
- A Simple Case of Ear Infection Could Be the Reason Why Entire Species of Neanderthals Went Extinct
- Amy Jackson Blessed with a Baby Boy, Actress Shares Adorable Family Picture
- KTM 790 Duke With 105 HP Output Launched In India, Priced at Rs 8.64 Lakh
- Apple iPhone 11 Preorders Are Already Sold Out on Amazon And Flipkart