India's Campaign Ends at Russian Open as Meghana Jakkampudi Loses Both Finals
Meghana Jakkampudi lost her mixed and women's doubles finals as India's campaign came to an end at the Russian Open.
Meghana Jakkampudi lost both her doubles finals at Russian Open (Photo Credit: Reuters)
Vladivostok: Meghana Jakkampudi had a bad in office as she lost both the mixed and women's doubles matches with her respective partners to end India's campaign at the Russian Open BWF Tour Super 100 tournament, here Saturday.
Meghana and Dhruv Kapila, seeded eighth, went down to the Indonesian seventh seeds Adnan Maulana and Mychelle Crhystine Bandaso 6-21 15-21 in the mixed doubles semifinal in just 27 minutes.
Meghana then combined with her women's doubles partner Poorvisha S Ram, but once again failed to cross the last-four hurdle at the USD 75,000. The top-seeded Indian duo were stunned by fourth seeds Japanese Miki Kashihara and Miyuki Kato 10-21 8-21 in a 33-minute contest.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Subscribe to Moneycontrol Pro and gain access to curated markets data, trading recommendations, equity analysis, investment ideas, insights from market gurus and much more. Get Moneycontrol PRO for 1 year at price of 3 months. Use code FREEDOM.
Recommended For You
- Woman, Whose Rendition of Lata Mangeshkar Classic Went Viral, Records Song for Himesh Reshammiya
- Tata Harrier Dark Edition Details Leaked Ahead of Launch, All-Black SUV Looks Dominating
- Metz M55G2 4K Android TV Review: So Good, it Should Cost a Lot More Than Rs 42,990
- Jio Effect: Tata Sky Broadband Offers 6 Months Additional Usage on Annual Plans
- Android 10 Confirmed to Arrive on All Nokia Smartphones